Recipe for hot drink against colds
Recipe for hot Elderflower and Ginger drink against colds
We have prepared a recipe for hot drink which helps in case of colds. It tastes great and definitely benefits your health ;)
Ingredients for a 250 ml glass:
- 1 small lemon
- 1 lime
- 5 cm of ginger root
- 4 tablespoons of quality honey
- 4 tablespoons of Elderflower syrup Kitl
- 4 leaves of Mexican eucalyptus (Plectranthus amboinicus)
- Peel the lemon and lime. If you have them in BIO quality, it is not necessary, just wash. Then cut both into smaller cubes and remove the pellets.
- Also peel the ginger root and cut into small pieces.
- Put everything in a blender, add mexican eucalyptus leaves, honey and elderflower syrup Kitl. Mix everything into a mush. Then pour into a glass, close and place in the fridge.
You will be ready when the flu and cold season comes. Serve in spoons. The mixture can be poured with water to make lemonade or it can be added to tea (be careful not to be hot, so you would lose valuable vitamins). Thanks to syrup and honey, the mixture is sweet and pleasantly smelling.
If you want to improve this anti-cold sirup or have some of your favorite herbs and other suitable foods, then there is no limit to your imagination and taste. For example, you can add rose hips, sage, sea buckthorn or mint.
This recipe was created in collaboration with the blogger Máma v kuchyni.