Cherry Eton Mess
Recipe for cherry Eton Mess
- 115 g of fine sugar
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 2 dcl Kitl Sour Cherry syrup
- 250 g of frozen chopped sour cherries
- 50 ml of quality cognac
On whipped cream:
- 250 ml whipped cream
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- Thoroughly get rid of grease on the bowl in which you will whisk the whites (for example with a paper towel slightly moistened in vinegar).
- Put the whites with a pinch of salt into the bowl and start whipping it (medium).
- When the whites become lighter, add sugar over the spoon. Always whisk and then add another spoon of sugar.
- We beat whites until they are beautifully solid and shiny.
- Put the whisked whites in a candy bag and make the puffs.
- Depending on how big puffs you create, you choose the length of baking. Bake at 90 degrees for 60-80 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your sour cherries. Cook the sour cherries (without stones) along with sour cherry syrup Kitl and quality cognac. After about 5 minutes, remove the sour cherries and reduce the remaining syrup. Then put the pan on a side, return the cherries back to the pan and allow to cool.
- Whip up the cream with the vanilla extract (into a solid mixture).
- Stratify cherries, crushed puffs and whipped cream into the glass.
- Finally, decorate the dessert top with whole puffs.
This recipe has been specially prepared for Kitl by blogger Na skok v kuchyni.
Order Cherry Syrob Kitl in the Products Kitl Syroby section.