Mint tartlets Kitl
Recipe for Mint tartlets
Ingredients for tartlet dough:
- 90 g softened butter
- 75 g of semolina sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 small egg
- lemon peel
- 190 g plain flour
- Whisk the butter together with the sugar, lemon peel and egg just to combine the ingredients. Then add the flour and salt and whisk for a while to make a crumb. Place the resulting mass on a lightly floured surface and process it into a compact dough.
- Wrap the finished dough and let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes in the fridge. The dough should not completely solidify to work well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare your form for tartals. The above quantity will be sufficient for about 9 tartlets with a diameter of 8 cm, or for one cake mold with a diameter of 23 - 24 cm. If you have a non-stick mold, you do not need to erase it.
- Roll out the dough and squeeze it gently into the molds. Cover with baking paper and cover the bottom with dry beans (beans, lentils) so that the bottom of the tartlets does not rise during baking. Then bake in a preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the tartlets are beautifully golden.
- Allow the finished tartlets to cool, then remove the dry beans and gently tilt them. Tartals are very fragile! You can only fill with cream after it has cooled down completely.
Ingredients for mint tartlet filling:
- 250 g Mascarpone
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1x cream for whipping (33%)
- Kitl Mint Syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk Mascarpone with cottage cheese and cream. Whipping the cream will gradually thicken. Add 3 to 5 tablespoons of mint syrup (depending on how you want the tartlet cream sweet and tasty). If you feel the cream is strong enough, but not too sweet, you can add some sugar.
- Mix everything thoroughly and fill tartlets.
- Allow to set for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. Then decorate your tartlets with whipped cream, edible flowers or fresh mint leaves to your liking.
The author of the recipe and photos is Michaela Pecková. Thank you!
More about Kitl Mint Syrup here.