Valentine´s cherry trifle
Recipe for Valentine´s cherry trifle from Kitl
The popular British trifle is a great dessert made from sponge cakes, cream, fruit and whipped cream. It is usually made in a large bowl, from which the individual dishes on the plates are then served. It is a sinful good, and you will certainly make your husband or friend happy. It is great for a romantic dinner.
Ingredients (for about 4 servings):
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 2 small teaspoons of rice flour
- 20 + 20 g of semolina sugar
- 375 g (1 large cup) of sour cream
- 350 g of sour cherries (frozen allow to drip)
- 1 vanilla pod
- about 200 g of sponge cake
- Kitl Sour Cherry Syrup according to your taste
- Griotte or Sherry according to your taste
If you're going to prepare the cake for kids, of course, omit Sherry. ;)
- First make a cream. Mix the egg yolks, 20 g of sugar and flour in one piece.
- Then, in the water bath (or in a thick bottom pot, or dairy), warm the cream - just at the boiling point. Then make sure the cream is not cooked. (The cream must not be boiling, otherwise the yolks will collapse!) Add the seeds of half the vanilla pod and gradually whisk the yolk mixture. Add the mass gradually and stir again to make the cream smooth. Put the finished cream (pudding) over with a foil and keep it cool for a while.
- While the cream cools, put a sponge into the glass jar. Drop them with cherry syrup (possibly mixed with Griotka or Sherry).
- Put the layer of chilled cream on the stacked sponge. Add cherry and another layer of dropped sponge.
- The last layer is from sour cream. Stir the sour cream together with the seeds from the second half of the vanilla pod and 20 g of sugar. Finally add the sour cherries with sour cherry syrup.
Order Cherry Syrob Kitl in the Products Kitl Syroby section.